Thursday 13 November 2008

Creating Verbatim Theatre

After having the interview with Stu and the lesson afterwards, I realised how hard it would be to create a piece of theatre without pushing my own views onto the directing.

We listened to all the interviews in the lesson then put them in order if we were to create a performance. Without thinking much we had structured our performance to be dead against binge drinking and we didn't realise until it was pointed out by the tutor, Mark.

I did a bit of research before I had the interview. I found out that to be classed as a binge drinking, you have to drink double the recommended daily amount in one session. This means you need to drink 8 units for men or 6 units for women to be classed as a binge drinker. That is only 4 pints of lager for men or just 3 pints for women.

I work at the Cabbage Patch and like all pubs we have our regulars who come in most days of the week. They come in and drink with ease 6 - 7 pints throughout the night but are these classed as binge drinkers or to be a binge drinker do you have to be a certain age?

No comments: